Monday 28 February 2011

猪血食品 Coagulated Pig Blood Food

I came across this dishes when I was staying with my aunt during my school holiday. She simply cooked it into a soup for our dinner. Then, I keep pestering her to buy CPB from market for our meal.

One morning, she brought me along to the market at Hillview (Phased out). Then I knew that CPB came into shape like tofu but in dark red color.

In mid 1980s, CPB and pig lung are not allowed to be sold in Singapore due to the epidermic of Nepal Virus. I really miss this dishes not till I learnt that CPB is commonly sold in asia countries such as Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc.

So I will always order this any dishes as long as there is CPB in it. Mostly you can see them in porridge. In Hong Kong, you can order dishes like 韭菜猪肠猪血. This is so delicious. A bit salty though.

No comments:

Post a Comment