Tuesday 1 March 2011

林村许愿树 Lam Village Wishing Tree


I remembered my first visit to this wishing tree. Janice & I have paid some money to buy incense paper tied with raffia string and one orange at the other end. We wrote our wishes on the paper and threw as high as possible onto the wishing tree. The higher you throw, the greater chance for your wish to come true.



I threw 3 time but Janice threw more than 9 time....well..we did it eventually.


On 17 Feb 2011, I visited this village again. There should be a Chinese New Year (CNY) event going on at this village. I thought it should be very crowded and vibrant but less crowd and freezing cold there.


 You can see the difference of this photo (left) to the photo (above). This tree branches collapsed due to the weight of the wishing things on it.








There are some changes in the way that people can still 'hang' their wishes.














If you insist to do it in a traditional way, yes you can!






Guys wanna her contact no! 下半辈子吧!
If you lack of confidence to throw, you can chose wishing lamp too.




No comments:

Post a Comment